Clipper Connection Information
About the Clipper Connection
The Clipper Connection is COAST's express bus service to the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and Portsmouth.
The project is funded in part with support from the US Navy's facilities division (NAVFAC) as well as a USDOT Congestion-Mitigation/Air Quality (CMAQ) grant. The routes currently operating are hoped to be just the beginning of what is expected to be a larger, multi-route service covering much of southeastern New Hampshire and border communities in southern Maine.
The service is open to the public, but serves primarily employees of the Navy Yard and Portsmouth.
Routes by community
Click a route number for more information, including specific pickup locations in each community and the schedule.
|Origin 3||South Berwick|
|Destination 1||Navy Yard Gate 1 (Kittery)||Navy Yard||Navy Yard||Newington||Navy Yard|
Portsmouth Market Sq.
Service from PORTSMOUTH to the Navy Yard is provided via the Lafayette Road Trolley (Route 41cc) or Route 2 (2cc). Please see the Route 41 or Route 2 schedules for this information (the runs are marked on the schedule with an asterisk*). A Clipper Connection monthly pass or base cash fare of $3.25 is required to ride to/from Kittery on Rtes. 2cc & 41cc.
Service from PORTSMOUTH to PEASE TRADEPORT is available via the Pease Tradeport Trolley.
Clipper Connection Information
The Emergency Ride Home (ERH) Program is your safety net if you have an unexpected personal or family illness/emergency or unscheduled overtime. Allowable destinations include your car, home, child's day care or school, medical facility, or an interim stop that is part of the emergency.
The Emergency Ride Home benefit is available between 7:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday-Friday.
Please note the following do not qualify as emergencies:
- Rides to work
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments during the workday
- Scheduled overtime
- On-the-job injury
- Transit system failures
- Vehicle failure
- Building closings
- Early releases from work
Clipper Connection monthly pass holders are automatically registered for the ERH service.
- If you have an unexpected emergency and need to return home (or to your car), you can call COAST dispatch at 603-743-5777. You will be asked about pick-up and drop-off locations and the dispatcher will let you know how soon to expect your ride (usually within 20-30 minutes - depending on traffic).
- Pickups for riders at PNSY will be made at the morning drop-off location at the intersection of Government St. and Stoddard St. COAST will not pick up on-base at PNSY. Pickups for riders in downtown Portsmouth will be at Market Square.
- If for some reason we are unable to send a COAST vehicle, you will be authorized by the dispatcher to arrange for a cab. You will need to pay for the cab at the time of service and submit for reimbursement (using the approved form). The maximum reimbursement is $90 per ride. Reimbursements requested that were not previously authorized by COAST will not be paid.
- If submitting for reimbursement, please mail, fax, or scan/email the form and receipt within 10 days of the emergency ride home. Upon receipt of your paperwork, COAST will mail you a check within 10 days.
- You are eligible for up to six (6) emergency rides per 12 month period and no more than two (2) within a single month.
NOTE: Emergency rides home are a one-way trip only. COAST will not return the employee to work. Additionally, the GRH cannot be used to get to work, including if the employee misses the bus in the morning.