COAST Career Opportunities
Job InformationFull Time Bus Operators
Mar 22, 2011
Feb 14, 2018
Job Title: Bus Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Under close supervision, transport passengers from one place to another on public transit buses in the COAST service area. Positions in this job classification are considered safety sensitive and are subject to drug testing, including random drug screens, in accordance with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Drug and Alcohol regulations.
- Drive regular routes on a schedule.
- Perform a complete pre-trip/post-trip inspection of bus.
- Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Deal with unruly passengers.
- Stop frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
- Collect fares and sell punch tickets.
- Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
- Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
- Assist passengers with disabilities.
- Keep passengers informed of delays.
- Attend employee meetings; including safety, training, retraining, etc., as required.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) B or A
- Air Breaks
- Passenger Endorsement (No Passenger Endorsement? No problem! COAST will assist eligible hires to receive their Passenger Endorsement.)
Starting Pay: $16.30/hour
Full Time Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- 21 Days of Paid Time Off in the first year
- SIMPLE IRA with a COAST match of up to 3% of annual salary
- Uniform allowance
To be considered, all applicants must complete a COAST application.
Applications can be found online at www.coastbus.org/careers.html, or picked up in person from our Administrative Office at 6 Sumner Drive, Dover, NH.
Once completed, deliver application and resume in person, or mail to:
42 Sumner Drive
Dover, NH 03820